Welcome to Selkirk and welcome to PAC
1. What is PAC?
Selkirk Adults who provide care to children at Lord Selkirk Elementary School are automatically members of the Parent Advisory Council (PAC). Congratulations! We hope you’ll get involved because you believe what the research shows: When adults are a part of their children’s education, their children are more successful in school.
The purpose of the PAC is to provide opportunities for all Selkirk Adults (including Parents, Caregivers and Guardians) to actively contribute and participate in ways that enhance our school and complement our children’s school experience. If you love a child who goes to Lord Selkirk Elementary, you are automatically a member of the Selkirk PAC.
- You matter
- Your opinions are important
- You belong
2. What does Selkirk PAC do?
Here are some of the events, clubs and programs Selkirk PAC adults have proposed over the years and are responsible for:
- Selkirk Student Choir; Selkirk Chess, Spirit, Letters and Lego clubs
- Grounds and Gardens, Traffic, Advocacy Committees
- Fundraising Initiatives and Spending: Selkirk Royale – game casino, dance and auction; Big Brother Clothing Drives; Mabel’s Labels; Famous Foods grocery certificates
- Host Multi-Cultural Potluck, Staff Luncheon, Summer Dance and Picnic
- Parenting workshops; Facebook; website and e-newletters
- Community outreach
3. How can I get involved?
There are lots of ways to get involved with the Selkirk PAC.
1. Attend a meeting- vote and visit, hear the school news – childcare and refreshments always provided.
2. Become an Executive Member – direct attention and involvement in the school workings
3. Serve on a Committee – what speaks to you? Social events? Grounds and Garden? Fundraising? Advocacy?
4. Attend School Planning Council days
5. Answer our call for help when you can – We can’t do it without you!
- join our email list, check out the school sites; attend a work party or supervise a club hour
- donate at our clothing drives, direct drive, secret santa
- take a shift at Sports Day Concession, Selkirk Royale, Multicultural Dinner
- help us translate our communications and spread the school news”
Stay in touch with us if you have questions or suggestions. We’d love to hear from you!